First it was the cronut and now its the ramen burger that everyone is raving about. Chef Keizo Shimamoto apparently wants to make a restaurant that makes these. At a festival in Brooklyn last weekend, he made 150 burgers to sell one day, and the next 300, generating buzz and long lines. People waited for 2 hours for one! Crazy! Social media and news websites have been buzzing over it and it seems like ramen noodles as buns are poised to be added as a bun option like lettuce or donuts! Of course I had to see what the hype was about and since I am about 3500 miles away from NYC, the only way to eat that is to make it on my own! My verdict? Its goooood! But I don’t think I will make the noodles into the bun again…its too much work when I can just throw it all together and make ramen beef noodles. And if I had to buy it? Probably only pay up to $5 for it. 🙂 Have fun with it!!!
3 packs of Top ramen
1lb. ground beef (I used 85/15)
1/6 cup soy sauce
1 tsp sesame oil
Green onions, chopped
Cheddar cheese, sliced
Nori (seaweed), optional (but perrrrfect addition since the burger is Japanese styled ya’ll)
1. Marinate beef with soy sauce, sesame oil, pepper, garlic powder. Make into patties and marinate for about 30min-1hr.
2. Cook ramen with a teeny bit of seasoning, al dente (still some nice chew to it)
3. Strain and stir in eggs.
4. Divide noodles into 4 portions (4 buns). Place in medium bowls with round bottom. Put in fridge for 15 min.
5. Heat oil and cook beef patties.
6. Pan-fry the noodles on both sides until golden brown on each side.
7. Slip beef patty in between 2 ramen buns.
8. Top with arugula, onions, cheese, and nori.