OMG. These cookies are like amazing. I couldn’t believe it when I ate one this morning when I got up and baked these at 6am before I headed to work. The very very slight crispy when you bite into it, and the soft chewy cookie bursting with caramel nut flavor…sigh…anyway, I really do think its the brown butter that makes this cookie sooo good. I’ve never had a more fragrant cookie. When I was making the brown butter, which is basically boiling butter in a saucepan until it turns sort of brownish and brown sediment sinks to the bottom, my whole apartment smelled like melted butter on popcorn at the movie theatres –> to caramel popcorn –> to that rich nutty syrupy smell. It is beyond amazing. Now I really might have a brown butter obsession because of this…until I make the next thing, I’m going to be dreaming about this cookie. Yes, its that good…
1 cup unsalted butter
1 cup light brown sugar
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1 egg + 1 egg yolk
2 1/2 tsp vanilla
1 tbsp greek yogurt
2 1/4 cups all purpose flour
1 1/4 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1 cup chocolate chips
1. Melt butter until brown in pot on medium heat for about 15 min. Make sure to keep tabs on it. It will bubble and froth, so it might be hard to see. Use a spoon to stir. Once it looks a deeper yellow and there’s brown sediment on the bottom, you are done.
2. Pour in container and cool until room temp. (I put it in the fridge and put 2 ice packets next to it to speed it up)
|See how its golden yellow and there’s brown sediment at the bottom? Yup|
3. Combine flour, baking soda, and salt in bowl.
4. When butter is cooled, mix with brown sugar and sugar until combined. (starts smelling really good at this point!)
5. Add vanilla, yogurt, eggs. Mix.
6. Add flour mixture to it. Stir with spatula until combined.
7. Add chocolate chips.
8. Shape the dough into about 1/4 cup balls (I have a large cookie cutter).
9. Place balls in a dish. Refrigerate overnight.
|Don’t they look like ice cream? :)))|
10. Bake at 350 deg. for about 10-12min.
Best cookies ever. Trust me.
|The 1 ugly cookie I ate…|