Happy New Year Everyone! I wish everyone a wonderful 2016. I have a feeling this will be a great year. I don’t normally make cheesy statements like that, but I really do believe 2016 will be the year for me, my family, and my friends. I can’t wait to actually see what this brings, and as always, I want to remember to take the time to appreciate time, and the daily happenings. I refreshed my memory on glaciers, and looked up the age of the Sierra Nevada – the granite that we see today was formed 100+ million years ago. Humans are on this Earth for a minuscule amount…take the time to enjoy every millisecond!!!
My 2016 New Years Resolutions:
- Improve upon my blog. The look, the feel, learn some basic blogging coding. I know it’s a long shot to actually be one of those beautiful long time bloggers making a ton of money, but I want this to be my life’s work/creation. Even if no one appreciates it, it is still something I wish to leave in this world for millions of years later.
- Become better at makeup. I gotta stay young and beautiful if I want to be in the running for a husband.
- Get a facial. Will be my first time!!! My sister just threw shade at me for only cleaning blackheads every three weeks; she does it 4 times a week.
- Get abs/get skinny. I start Monday.
- Be more solid financially and independently. Although I have a job, a lot of things are still paid for by my family. I want to turn the tables.
- Understand the types of investments out there. Investing is a vast vast, deep deep hole that you can go into and one thing leads to another, and before you know it, everything gets confusing. The terms derivatives, liquid alts, swaps, CROs, etc. I learned some of the terms while studying for a failed Series 63 exam, but I would love to know MORE, just to build a solid foundation as I continue to work in the industry.
What are yours!!!
To jumpstart 2016, we will begin with some healthy turkey meatballs in buffalo sauce. Light and friendly snack.
Ingredients (~20-24 meatballs)
Recipe from Damn Delicious.
- 1 pound ground turkey
- 3/4 cup panko crumbs
- 1 egg
- 2 stalks of green onions, chopped finely
- 2-3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tsp garlic salt
- 1/2-1 tsp ground black pepper
- 3/4 cup buffalo sauce
- Preheat oven to 400 deg.
- In large bowl, combine ground turkey, panko, egg, garlic salt and pepper. Mix until combined.
2. Make balls and place on baking sheet. Bake in 400 deg. oven for 4-5 minutes, until all sides are lightly browned.
3. Place meatballs into a slow cooker. Add buffalo sauce and toss to combine. Then cover and cook on medium heat for 2 hours.
4. Serve with bleu cheese dressing or eat it as is!