Yum! Kimchi fried rice!!! Normally its spam in there. Don’t know the real reason why Koreans love spam, but I really love spam…and hot dogs. Its funny because I met some Michigan people over the summer and they had never eaten hot dogs or spam in fried rice before! Then we took them to a Korean restaurant and ordered spam fried rice lol. They seemed to enjoy it! haha anyway, it was so nice to be around people in close proximity over the summer because when I made this, I had enough food for about 6 people. Sure enough, friends came over and ate it all after I blasted that I had kimchi fried rice with hot dogs. I am hoping that hot dogs have less sodium than spam, and are less unhealthy. I hope buying “all beef” hot dogs are better for you than mystery meat in spam. Let us hope. 🙂
Green onions, chopped
3 eggs, scrambled and pan fried
Eggs for a fried runny egg on top of the rice
1 packet of all beef hot dogs, chopped
2 cups cooked rice
2-3 tbsp olive oil
salt and pepper
1. Chop hot dogs. Pan fry the hot dogs in some oil.
2. Chop kimchi. Chop cooked eggs. Chop cooked hot dogs. Chop green onions.
3. Heat pan with olive oil.
4. Stir the cooked rice on the pan.
5. Dump the kimchi, salt and pepper, some green onions, egg, and hot dogs in there. Stir around until you think its gotten enough flavor.
6. Serve the rice topped with green onions and a fried egg!