So far in the past month, I have changed jobs, happily shopped til I dropped, and over the first quarter of 2016, I have checked off most of my 2016 New Years’ Resolutions!!! I have checked off these ones:
- Become better at makeup.
- I have learned contouring, and have bought new brushes and higher quality makeup.
- I wear sunscreen every day now!!! I have finally found one that I really love. I put my lotion on my face in the morning, slather the Revision Intellishade tinted sunscreen with SPF 40 on top, and apply my makeup!
- Still lots to learn, but I am working on it!
- Get a facial.
- Got one. Didn’t really care for it, and since my skin isn’t bad at all, the facial person couldn’t really do much with my face. Thus, I felt like it was just a massage of my face, and apparently they did a gentle mask. It was whatever.
- Be more solid financially and independently.
- The hustle continues, and doesn’t stop, but I have made a very big step towards this goal by transitioning to a new job! Still on track for my ultimate goals.
- Understand the types of investments out there.
- Check mark. My new job is a wealth of learning opportunities and such a sexy industry to be in. Super excited for all the things.
The second quarter will be my goal #1 this year – improve upon my blog. Once I settle into my new job, I will spend whatever free time I have to learn about this! Also, my #4 goal this year (get skinny/get abs) is still incomplete, but I have consistently gone to the gym 3-4 times a week. This will also be the other focus of the second quarter.
To kick start the quarter, I made some Date/Almond energy bites, rolled in bee pollen and hemp seeds. LOVE the sweetness of the dates, some chocolate, cinnamon and vanilla that rounds it out. Delicious and it will be my snack of choice, rather than Cheez-its I’ve eaten the past week. You can add whatever seeds, nuts, dried fruits, milks, you want. The world is your oyster.
Ingredients (~9 balls, or more if smaller)
1 cup dates (medjool or similar) – I used about 13 dates
1 cup raw almonds
small handful of oats (maybe 1/4 cup)
2 tsp vanilla
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp cocoa powder
2 tsp milk (any kind)
some chocolate chips (maybe 1/4 cup)
bee pollen (optional)
hemp seeds (optional)
1. Soak the dates if dry. Soak for about 10 minutes in warm water.
2. In food processor, dump all the ingredients in. Add the soaked dates (not the water).
3. Process until it all clumps together!!
4. Roll in hemp seeds and bee pollen (or whatever you have on hand). These can last about a week in the fridge in container, but you probably will finish it way quicker.