Delicious delicious pad thai! My favorite thai dish!!! Despite my love for food, I don’t eat coconut and eat things if coconut milk is used sparingly. However, that all changed when I went to Portland!!! Portland has such delicious food and for so cheap. There are food carts all over the city, and cute little restaurants line each district. It is truly amazing how small town it feels, no matter where in Portland you go. Most businesses are family owned, with unique offerings from food to houseware. They have so many of these local businesses that its really hard to find a chain store around Portland. I LOVED IT. I highly recommend anyone to go- I am already thinking about my next trip to Portland! Here are some lovely fall pics from Portland!
7 oz (half bag) of Thai rice noodles
1/3 cup tamarind concentrate (easy to find at Asian markets!!! Buy the concentrate not the actual tamarind bc its easier!)
2 tbsp rice vinegar
2 tbsp fish sauce
2 tbsp sugar
1/2 tsp paprika
3 cloves garlic
1 tofu block
2 slices pork chop, chopped
1. Cook the rice noodles in boiling water for about 2-3 min. Drain and rinse with cold water. Set aside.
2. Mix the tamarind concentrate, fish sauce, vinegar, sugar, and paprika together. Set aside.
3. In a large pan, heat up some olive oil on med-high. Stir in garlic and pork. When pork is almost ready, stir in tofu.
4. When the tofu and pork are done, stir in the egg. Mix it around.
5. Add the noodles and tamarind sauce. Let the noodles soak in the sauce for about 2 min.
6. Serve with bean sprouts, peanuts, cilantro and limes!
Recipe adapted from Thai Kitchen