Ahh the clouds have settled in. I am freezing cold. My body hates me. I need to recuperate. And fast because Halloween is fast approaching! I am so excited this year!!! Even though my favorite Halloween has got to be Halloween 2011 where I spent one night in Vegas with the girls and had an amazing time hahaha. Also because I made my favorite costume. normally I don’t like Halloween- it comes at such an inconvenient time, especially when you are in school, this is when shit gets real, the holidays are fast approaching, deadlines come and go, and finals are creepin. This year I plan to go to A&B Halloween Therapy and then straight to Portland for a weekend trip with the best friend. This year, I plan to be a cat, a rose, and a mermaid. Although I am not excited about my costume choices this year, the memories I will make this Halloween weekend (2 weekends hell yah!) will be worth it. Hehe I will do a Halloween costume post later. 🙂 What are your plans for Halloween?
1 whole chicken, chopped into sections
2 carrots, diced
4-5 stalks celery, diced
1 cup frozen peas
2 tsp dried thyme
2 tsp turmeric
1-2 tbsp chicken boullion
salt and pepper, to taste
pasta, cooked al dente
1. Bring chicken to a boil. Then turn down the heat and let the chicken simmer on low-med heat for 30-40 min in a pot filled with water almost to brim.
2. Take out chicken and slice the meat off. Do the best you can. Throw the bones back in. Set the meat aside.
3. Throw in the celery, carrots, and boullion, and spices. Stir. Bring to boil. Then turn down the heat and let the chicken and veggies simmer on low-med heat for 40-45 min.
4. Cook pasta. Drain and set aside.
5. Salt and pepper to taste.
6. Ladle the soup onto the pasta. Serve!
(Keep pasta separate from the soup when storing so the pasta doesnt get soggy!)