Soooo I am going to PORTLAND this weekend!!! SOO excited! Anyone have any good suggestions on places to go/eat?! I am totally guilty of procrastination and have a large 20 page paper looming over me that I haven’t started. Oops. It doesn’t help when Halloween is fast approaching and since this weekend I am celebrating it 2 weekends in a row, ain’t nobody got time for a paper! hahah It started raining today in SD and so I wanted something thick and warm and with pumpkin. Chili sounded like a good idea and so you have it! Delicious and healthy turkey white bean pumpkin chili. Such a mouthful. See my 2 sad lonely corn tortillas? Well they were supposed to be cheese quesadillas but I forgot the cheese…
1 pound ground turkey
1/2 yellow or sweet onion, chopped
3 cloves garlic
1 cup chicken broth
1 cup pumpkin puree
1/2 can of 4 oz can of diced green chilis
2 tsp cumin
1 tsp chili powder or cayenne pepper
1 tsp dried oregano
3 dried bay leaves
salt and pepper, to taste
1. Brown the turkey, garlic, and onions with some olive oil. Set aside.
2. In a pot, combine chicken broth, pumpkin, seasonings, bay leaves, and chili.
3. Heat to boil, then turn to simmer on low-med heat. Add the ground turkey into the pot. Salt and pepper.
4. Let simmer on low-med heat for about 25-30 min.
5. Garnish with some cilantro. Serve!
Recipe adapted from Skinny Taste 🙂
One thought on “Turkey White Bean Pumpkin Chili!”
Pingback: It’s Pumpkin Time!!! | Put a Ring on Annie