So my roomie is a health nut and she has been trying to eat healthier and become a vegetarian. She goes to the OB People’s Food Store to get entrees and what not because she doesn’t cook. Well one time she came home with this kale, tofu, and shitake mushroom salad and it was DELICIOUS. She didn’t like how bland it was, but I LOVED it. I loved the subtle soy sauce with the mushrooms and tofu. I loved the sesame seeds. It just felt healthy. And so I set out to recreate it. My roomie tried mine and she thought mine had more flavor and liked mine a lot more. Yay! I hope you like it too!
1 package of Tuscan kale (I buy the Trader Joe’s kind)
1 box of tofu, cut into little cubes
1 box shitake mushrooms, about 6-8
1. Boil kale in water until green and cooked. Drain.
2. Cook tofu until all liquid is gone with some soy sauce, to taste.
3. Cook the shitake mushrooms.
4. In small bowl, mix together 1-2 tbsp soy sauce, 1-2 tbsp vinegar, 1 tbsp olive oil.
5. In a large bowl, mix together kale, tofu, and mushrooms. Pour as much dressing as you want on it.
|(I added radishes for my own taste)|
6. Sprinkle sesame seeds.