It’s already Fall, and almost October ya’ll! And Fall is my favorite food season because of all the PUMPKIN around!!! Last year, I went on a shopping spree at Trader Joe’s, buying up everything from pumpkin ice cream to pumpkin chai lattes. I have so far held off my pumpkin obsession…but it isn’t October yet…soooo….it might spark up again soon. In a few days. Wee! Anyhoo, for those of you who have been keeping up with my blog, know I love mac&cheese. Remember that delicious Lobster Mac&Cheese? Well its Fall, so I thought I would put a Pumpkin twist on it! It turned out perfectly and I can’t wait for you to all try it!!! Happy Fall everyone! Look out for many many pumpkin recipes in the next few months! 😀
1/2 bag of penne (6 oz)
2 tbsp butter
1 1/2 tbsp flour
1/2 cup chicken broth
1 tbsp honey
1 cup milk
1/4 tsp allspice
1/2 tsp ground mustard
1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
1/4 tsp nutmeg
1/4 tsp paprika
salt and pepper
1 cup pumpkin puree (I used Trader Joe’s organic pumpkin)
1 1/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese (I used sharp)
1. Boil pasta until al dente.
2. Heat up butter. Stir in flour. Mix.
3. Pour in chicken broth and let simmer until liquid is gone and it’s thick.
4. Stir in honey. Pour in milk. Spice it up to taste. Let the sauce thicken.
5. Mix the pumpkin with the pasta. Pour sauce over. Stir in 3/4 of the cheese.
6. Place in ramekins, or baking dish.
7. Sprinkle paprika and the rest of the cheese.
8. Broil at 400 deg. for about 7-10 min, until cheese is bubbly.