Ever have a craving for chocolate? Hell, I guess everyone does!!! Chocolate and nutella? Even better! I’ve made many chocolate cupcakes before, but I have never really ever been into making cakes- normally its too big and since I’m forever alone I can’t eat it at all or distribute it. This recipe is one of the most moistest, chocolatey, soft cake texture I have ever made! So excited this will become my go-to chocolate cake 🙂 Some fun facts about nutella? An Italian made this up and formed the company Ferrero, with plants all over… the North American nutella is made in Canada. Each jar contains 50 hazelnuts… it has 67% of saturated fat, and 2 tbsp of nutella contains 200 calories!!! A typical candy bar has 250 calories…yikes! Nutella is cray. Because of this awful health makeup, there was a 2012 class action suit for false advertising by Nutella…the label claimed and marketed it as part of a nutritional breakfast! Can you believe that?! Well, the company ended up paying $3 million. World nutella day is February 5. Must remember that for next year. Make this simple cake for your next potluck or fancy dinner! 🙂
2 sticks unsalted butter
4 tbsp cocoa powder
1 cup boiling water
2 cups flour
2 cups sugar
1/4 tsp salt
1/2 cup buttermilk
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp vanilla
1 1/2 cup nutella
2 small boxes of fresh strawberries
1/4 cup sugar
1 tsp vanilla
2 cups heavy cream
1/2 cup powdered sugar
1. Boil 1 cup of water.
2. In separate pot, melt butter in medium pot.
3. Add cocoa powder and stir.
4. Pour boiling water into the cocoa mixture. Stir and remove from heat.
5. In large bowl, mix the flour, sugar, salt.
6. Pour chocolate mixture into the flour mixture and stir.
7. Beat eggs, buttermilk, vanilla, and baking soda in another bowl.
8. Pour eggs mixture into chocolate/flour mixture. Stir.
9. Divide the batter into 2 round 8×8 pans.
10. Bake 18-20 minutes in 350 degrees.
11. Chill bowl to be used for whip cream. Chill heavy cream. This is uber important!!! [I actually screwed up and didnt do this…it ended up becoming buttercream instead of fluffy whipped cream]
12. When ready to assemble the cake, take out chilled bowl and cream. Mix with powdered sugar until light and fluffy, forming stiff peaks. [Don’t overbeat! It will become butter!!!]
13. Mix strawberries, sugar, and vanilla together.
14. Assemble cake: Smear nutella on top cake–>slather whipped cream–>place strawberries–>repeat.
And enjoy!!! Its so delicious! Make friends fat!