October is in full-swing!!! Busy busy October. I never have time in October. In high school and college, it was midterms, school activities in full throttle. Now at work, professionals are mostly back from summer vacation and are gearing up for the last quarter before the new year. Then, my friends mentioned Halloween last night, and I stopped and was like AHH! haven’t thought about it AT ALL. No costume, no plans. Help!
1 cup all purpose flour
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
1 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp ground ginger
1/2 tsp nutmeg
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 cup oil (I used corn, but can use vegetable, canola, or even olive)
1 cup pumpkin puree (I used organic Trader Joe’s)
1 tsp vanilla
1/2 cup white sugar
1/2 cup brown sugar
Maple cream cheese frosting
8 oz. cream cheese, room temp
1/2 tsp vanilla
4 tbsp maple syrup (adjust as needed)
1 1/2 cups powdered sugar
Preheat oven to 350 deg.
- Mix together the flour, spices, salt, baking powder, and baking soda in a large bowl.
2. In the same bowl, place the eggs, vanilla, white sugar, brown sugar, pumpkin, and oil inside the bowl. Using electric mixer, mix together until thoroughly combined.
3. Line cupcake baking sheet with cupcake liners. Fill ’em up!
4. Bake in 350 deg. oven for 20-25 min. When toothpick comes out clean, it’s ready.
5. After it is done, take the cupcakes out of the oven and let cool completely.
6. When the cupcakes are completely cooled, make the frosting.
7. Using electric mixer, mix together the softened cream cheese, vanilla, powdered sugar and maple syrup. Mix for about 5-7 minutes on medium speed. If the frosting looks too thick, add a little bit of maple syrup or vanilla, or water if needed.
8. Frost the cupcakes! I sprinkled some extra cinnamon and nutmeg for decoration.