Requested by my newest coworker, and a cookie I have never baked before! Turns out when I was baking at home that my sister has baked them before. And I was worried they would turn out dry since matcha powder just makes things look dry. But they turned out beautiful and spread perfectly. I am in love. Made a half batch from the original recipe, and all my measurements turned out perfect. Cookies and baked sweet goods are in full swing for the holidays! Can’t wait to drum up my next project.
Ingredients (~16 cookies)
Recipe adapted from The Blissful Baker.
1 1/8 cups all purpose flour
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp salt
1 tbsp matcha green tea powder
1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened (1 stick)
3/4 cup granulated sugar
1 tsp vanilla
1/4 cup Chocolate Chips
Preheat oven to 350 deg.
- In a bowl, mix together flour, baking soda, salt, and matcha green tea powder. Set aside.
- In a mixer, beat together butter and sugar for about 3-5 minutes.
- Add egg and vanilla, and mix together until fluffy.
4. Add the dry ingredients. Mix until combined.
5. Using a cookie scoop or a spoon, place spoonfuls of cookie dough onto baking sheet. Take 3-5 chips and press into the cookie dough.
6. Bake in 350 deg. oven for 12 minutes. The edges should be very light brown.