New look for the website!!! I switched to WordPress for a cleaner look and hopefully someday I will host my own website when I get all big and professional!!! Look for lots of new things on the site in the coming months! I have tons of new posts on the way and can’t wait to share them with you! Your reading and excitement keeps my blog alive and me motivated. Hope you like the new look!
The gourmet seared ahi tuna! I made this awhile ago but never shared the recipe. Everyone was so shocked about this because you know it’s expensive at restaurants so people think it’s super hard to make. Well guess what? It’s not!!! Please try it!!!! At home, you can have as much as your heart desires as opposed the 4 pieces you get on top of a salad at restaurants! Buy a fresh chunk of ahi tuna and sear away!!! It is super easy and perfect for summer!!!
1 fresh ahi tuna steak
1/4 cup white sesame seeds
1/4 cup black sesame seeds
salt and pepper to taste
1. Cut the ahi tuna steak to as big as you like. I split mine into 3.
2. Sprinkle salt and pepper all over the ahi tuna.
3. Mix together the white and black sesame seeds. Coat the ahi tuna in the seeds thoroughly. The seeds stick surprisingly!
4. In a large pan, heat up some olive oil on med-high heat. Use tongs to flip and hold. Sear the ahi for 40 seconds on the thick sides. Sear the ahi on the sides for 25 seconds.
5. Let cool and slice! Serve!