The search for the perfect chocolate chip cookie recipe is never ending. That’s because there are so many different versions of this classic. Some prefer big and buttery, brown butter, crispy on the outside & chewy in the middle, thin & crispy, the list goes on and on. I have made sooooo many varieties and have no time to post them all (will get around to it someday hahah) I have been on the quest for the perfect crispy on the outside and chewy in the middle cookie for ages now. After my sister’s suggestion, I finally tried out Smitten Kitchen’s and boy was I a fan. I think I found the perfect one! She truly is a genius I have no words but praise. Without further ado, here it is!
~2 dozen medium cookies
2 cups all purpose flour
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
3/4 cup unsalted butter, melted
1 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup white sugar
1 tbsp vanilla
1 egg yolk
1-2 cups semisweet chocolate chips
Preheat oven to 325 deg.
1. Melt the butter in a small bowl using the microwave.
2. In a large bowl, mix together the flour, baking soda, and salt with a fork.
3. In a separate bowl, beat the melted butter, brown sugar, and white sugar until creamy.
4. Add the vanilla, egg, and egg yolk and mix thoroughly.
5. Using a spatula, mix the flour into the batter. Add the chocolate chips.
6. Using a cookie scoop or by hand, make 1 tbsp balls. Place on a silicon lined or parchment lined cookie sheet.
7. Bake for about 10-12 min, and peek into the oven. The edges should be golden brown and the cookie overall to be light golden brown.