Christmas cookies ROUND 1!!! I love love LOVE Christmas cookies and I love baking with the Andes mint chips that they sell during this time of year. You can find them at Walmart or Target in the baking aisle! I usually make the normal Andes mint cookies which are a crowd favorite, but really wanted something fudgy and chewy and rich for my craving. This recipe uses Greek yogurt instead of eggs which I find super wonderful! Hope this makes it onto your Christmas cookie list!!!
(makes about 18-20 small cookies)
1 cup all purpose flour
1/4 tsp baking soda
1/8 tsp salt
5 tbsp unsalted butter
7 tbsp cocoa powder
2/3 cup sugar
1/3 cup light brown sugar
1/3 cup Greek yogurt (or regular plain yogurt)
2 tsp vanilla
3/4 cup Andes mint chocolate chips
Preheat oven to 350 deg.
1. Mix the flour, baking soda, and salt. Set aside.
2. In a medium saucepan, melt butter. Add sugar and light brown sugar.
3. Add yogurt and vanilla. Stir.
4. Add the cocoa powder. Stir until mixed through. Take off stove.
5. Mix in the flour. Mix in the chips (the chips will melt, but thats ok)
6. Put in the freezer for 20-25 min for the batter to cool. (I baked when the batter was still warm and the cookies spread too much)
7. In a pan, drop 1 tbsp balls. Bake 8-10 minutes.
|These were the 2 tbsp still warm batter balls – spread like crazy|
|These were 1 tbsp sized balls with cold batter- perfect.|
8. Serve!!! They are seriously a guilty pleasure. You might eat it all.
Recipe by Crunchy Creamy Sweet.