I used to make this all the time, almost twice a month because I would bring it to work! But since I am not working this semester really that much and I don’t have an office to go to, I have delayed making this. I finally was like I’m craving chocolate and my roomies will eat it, so Sunday night baking commenced! This pumpkin bread is super easy. I can’t stress how something so delicious can be so easy to make! You can add the chocolate chips if you want, or not. I was craving chocolate at the moment. Ever since my epic half marathon, I have basically eaten everything in sight. I need to go on a cleanse ASAP. I keep delaying it, but I think I will do one after the holidays. In the meantime, get fat! hehe
1 1/2 cups flour
1/2 tsp salt
1 cup sugar
1 tsp baking soda
1 cup pumpkin puree
1/2 cup olive oil
1 tsp vanilla
1/4 cup water
1 tsp nutmeg
1-2 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp allspice
1/2 tsp ginger
1/2 tsp cloves
1/2 cup chocolate chips, optional
(you can always adjust the spices. I like it all spicy and warm :))
1. Mix the flour, salt, sugar, baking soda, and spices in a bowl. Set aside.
2. In another bowl, using an electric mixer, mix together the pumpkin puree, olive oil, eggs, vanilla, and water.
3. When the wet ingredients are mixed together, use a spatula and gently fold in the flour mixture. Add 1/2 cup chocolate chips if you want.
4. In a well oiled loaf pan, pour the pumpkin bread mix into the pan.
5. Bake at 350 deg. for about 50-60 min, or when you poke through, it comes out clean.