So I went to Costco and bought a huge bag of chicken so you will be seeing quite a bit of chicken posts in the future. I normally eat chicken when I am away from Lodi; for some reason its just more versatile than slices of flank steak. Anyhoots, already 2 days into my skinny grind I was already bored with my chicken over salad thing. I was like well, why not treat myself the night before Vegas this weekend with a simple, yet sophisticated meal. Obviously in prep for this not so sophisticated weekend lol. Anyway, the white wine mushroom sauce is very simple to make. It comes out tasting like what you would eat at restaurants. So for those of you with the itch to go out to eat, whip this up and it will taste gourmet!
3 chicken breasts
1 package of crimini mushrooms
1 tbsp corn starch
2-3 tbsp of white wine (I used Charles Shaw Chardonnay)
4 tbsp butter
1/2 can chicken broth
Thyme, fresh, a few sprigs, chopped
salt and pepper
1. Pan fry the chicken breasts with a little olive oil, salt and pepper until fully cooked.
2. Slice mushrooms in half.
3. Heat a pan with the butter. Dump the mushrooms and onions in.
4. When the mushrooms and onions have cooked and browned, add thyme.
5. Add the white wine and corn starch. Make sure to stir the corn starch quickly into the sauce.
6. Let simmer for 5 min on Med-High to thicken the sauce.
7. Place sauce over chicken! Serve it with some wine!