This is seriously one of the best fancy side dishes ever. It can probably get you to eat your veggies! (Although it might be a tad bit expensive to eat this gourmet dish all the time!) Anyway, totally worth it if you want to snack by yourself, or prepare it for a hot date. I prefer to not share, so I will just eat it all alone. haha.
A few fun facts:
1. It’s native to most of Europe
2. A recipe for asparagus is found in the oldest known book of recipes from third century AD
3. US got this beautiful veggie in 1850
4. There are albino asparagus!!! WHITE ones!!! Very popular in countries such as Netherlands, Span, France and Switzerland
5. Low calorie source of potassium and folate, with tons of antioxidants
6. South Koreans have studied that asparagus helps with hangovers
7. There is an annual asparagus festival in Stockton, CA (Central Valley) where the main source of asparagus for the US
I hope you get addicted to this dish too! 🙂
1 packet of prosciutto
1 bunch of asparagus
salt and pepper
1. Slice the prosciutto in half long ways with kitchen scissors.
2. Wrap the prosciutto around the asparagus.
3. Place some olive oil on a baking sheet.
4. Place the wrapped asparagus on the sheet, not touching.
5. Salt and pepper
6. Turn on broiler on HI, and broil for about 3-5min, and then take them out and turn each asparagus over.
7. Place the sheet back into the oven and broil for another 3 min. Take them out and serve!!!