I hope everyone had a wonderful Thanksgiving! And we are well on our way to Christmas!!! My favorite season of the year, and although it may be short (in my eyes since I only start the season the day after Thanksgiving), I value it that much more! Christmas songs are on repeat, holiday treats are being baked, and drinking coffee and hot chocolate when the rain is pouring outside. I try to learn something new every year in baking/cooking world, and this year I am pretty excited to say that I played with more meat and making sausages. Cookies are still my standard of baking, but I learned a new pie crust technique that I am now a fan of with no failure. Super excited to share all of these things on this blog, eventually…when I get a chance to write. Now that the year is winding down, I should have more time. Here are some pics of my Christmas tree, and Christmas cookie #1: Graham Cracker, Oatmeal, Chocolate Chip Cookie. The graham cracker makes the smell and the cookie DIVINE.
Recipe doubled from My Baking Addiction.
1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter, room temp
2 cups brown sugar
4 tsp vanilla
1 1/4 cups graham cracker crumbs (4 wafers)
1 cup old fashioned oats
1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1 1/2 cups chocolate chips
Preheat oven to 350 deg.
- Mix together brown sugar and brown sugar until creamy, on medium speed.
2. Mix in vanilla and eggs on medium speed until combined.
3. Mix in the flour, salt, baking soda, and graham cracker crumbs into the butter/sugar mix on low speed.
4. Stir in chocolate chips.
5. Using cookie scoop, drop balls of dough onto baking sheet. I was going for a larger cookie so I used a large cookie scoop.
6. Place in 350 deg. oven, and for large cookies, bake for 12-15 minutes, until golden brown. For smaller cookies, bake for 8-10 minutes.