Had some extra lemons, so decided to make some lemon meltaway cookies! They are sweet, full of citrus flavor, and melt in your mouth! It is basically a shortbread. Sort of like the the Girl Scout Savannah Smiles cookies! I usually get them, but I didn’t buy any Girls Scouts cookies this year because of my fit obsession. But two of these that I ate satisfied my craving. THANK GOD i dont have a crazy sweet tooth like everyone else. Give this a try! I have made it with limes too! Super easy!
1 1/2 sticks unsalted butter, room temp
2/3 cup powdered sugar
Zest of 3 lemons
4 tbsp of fresh lemon juice [or a lil more if you want]
1 tbsp vanilla
2 cups flour
1 tbsp corn starch
1/4 tsp salt
1. Cream butter and 1/3 cup powdered sugar.
2. Add lemon juice, zest, vanilla. Mix until smooth and creamy.
3. Add flour, corn starch, salt. Mix until combined.
4. Roll dough into logs. [Doesnt have to be perfect!]
5. Wrap in foil and freeze for at least an hour.
6. When you take the logs out of the freezer, let it warm for 10 min before cutting.
7. Slice into little pieces.
8. Bake at 350 deg for about 15 minutes. Take it out when its slightly golden.
9. Cool the cookies slightly. Put cookies in a zip lock bag.
10. Add the other 1/3 cup powdered sugar into the bag and toss the cookies with the sugar.
11. Take out and serve!