If you have been following me, you know I have been on a diet. I have actually been pretty good since the cleanse–I learned from it that I don’t need as much food as I think so I control my eating much more. But now that its only 1 month away from Miami, I really need to step up my game. #roadtomiami is my hashtag these days…I really hope to lose another 5-6 pounds by then. To do so, I have been running 5 days a week, and have now started hot yoga at Corepower. And I bought protein powder today to supplement/replace some meals and to build muscle. Now I know I probably won’t be as skinny as I was 2 years ago in a month, but at least I should attempt to get there after neglecting my body for 2 years. So today after work, I went to buy more veggies, fruit, and protein [tofu and chicken]. Crossing my fingers this all works. Now I still refuse to sacrifice taste for health, so a few additions of flavor here and there wont hurt. And I wont get bored of my food. So here is day 1 of my fast track diet– Chicken Milanese with Arugula and Tomatoes.
6 slices of chicken thigh meat [or you can use 3 breasts, thinned in half]
3/4 cup breadcrumbs
1/3 cup parmesan cheese
1 lemon’s juice
1 tbsp olive oil
salt and pepper
(and anything else you want)
1. Pound the chicken meat with a meat pounder [or if you dont have one like me, use the end of a whisk or any hard object to pound]
2. Mix the breadcrumbs and parmesan together in 1 bowl.
3. Mix the lemon juice, olive oil, salt and pepper in a separate bowl.
4. Dip the chicken into the lemon juice mixture.
5. Dip in the breadcrumb mixture. Give it a good toss to coat it.
6. Place in a baking sheet lined with foil.
7. Place in a 450 deg. oven. Bake 20 minutes on one side. Then flip over and bake another 20 minutes.
8. Once the chicken looks golden brown, remove from oven.
9. Toss salad and serve with chicken!
Recipe adapted from Skinny Taste