It’s been awhile! I moved back to SD for Spring semester of my second year in law school so its been quite hectic trying to settle back in. For the holidays, I got a few new kitchen appliances to play with! I really hope that it will pave the way to many more posts! Now on to the food I made tonight =)
I first saw this cute little recipe on Skinny Taste! It was so clever– instead of layering the lasagna parts, you roll the noodle with the filling! I wanted to be healthier for the new year, so instead of my usual all fat everything ingredients, I used fat free ricotta instead. I also forgot to buy mushrooms, but luckily had bacon. For those of you who know me though…I don’t really like bacon, but I had to use it for my potato leek soup the other night. Well, no matter what, this kale bacon lasagna is amazingly good!
–9 lasagna noodles, cooked
-5 cups kale, chopped fine– I used the cut ones from Trader Joe’s and kept the stems on to get more fiber!
-5 strips of bacon
-15 oz fat free ricotta cheese
-salt and fresh pepper
-Mozzarella cheese, shredded
1. Cook the lasagna noodles. Place them on a paper towel when they are done so it can dry
2. Cook the kale– I kept it simple and just boiled them.
3. Cook the bacon until crispy! Chop them to bacon bits.
4. Mix the cooked kale and bacon with the ricotta cheese. Salt and pepper it to your taste!
5. Pour some marinara sauce into an 8×8 pan or 9×12 pan.
6. Take the cooked lasagna, lay it down, spoon some of the ricotta filling into it, and it. Then roll it!
7. Place the rolled lasagna into the pan.
8. Pour some more marinara sauce on top of the lasagna rolls.
9. Sprinkle some mozzarella cheese on top.
10. Bake at 350 degrees for 40 minutes.
Take it out and enjoy! It’s really good — and somewhat healthy. You can always switch up the ingredients for this too!