Buttered walnut cookie balls tossed in powdered sugar. Christmas Cookie #1. Enough said.
Recipe from Joy the Baker.
Ingredients (~20-24 cookie balls)
1 cup all purpose flour
1 tbsp corn starch
1/8 tsp salt
1/4 tsp baking powder
3 tbsp light brown sugar
1 1/2 cups chopped walnuts
1 tsp vanilla
1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, softened in microwave for about 20-30 sec. (not melted, but soft)
1 cup powdered sugar
Preheat oven to 325 deg.
1. Mix together flour, cornstarch, salt, baking powder, brown sugar and walnuts in one big bowl.
2. Mix in the vanilla. Stir. The mixture will be crumbly.
3. Mix in the softened butter. Use your hands, it will be much easier. The mixture will be crumbly and oily, but that is perfect! As long as you can squeeze the crumbs together to make a cohesive ball then you are good!
4. Using your hands, make balls the size of walnuts, or about 1 tbsp. Place on baking sheet lined with silicon or parchment paper.
5. Bake in 325 deg. oven for 25 min.
6. Remove from oven. Let cool for 10 min. Toss the balls in powdered sugar until coated!