Christmas Cookie #2!!! I loveeee thumbprint cookies! When our neighbor gave us some homemade blackberry jam, with blackberries handpicked from Oregon, I only had thumbprint cookies in mind. I dont eat pb&j so jam is of no use to me unless it is in pastries or cookies! These are also awesome for any occasion, making it a delectable year round cookie!!!
1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter, softened
2/3 cup granulated sugar
2 egg yolks
2 tsp vanilla
2 cups all purpose flour
1/2 tsp salt
jam (any flavor!)
Preheat oven 375 deg.
1. Mix the flour and salt in a bowl. Set aside.
2. In a mixer, beat the butter and sugar until fluffy and creamy.
3. Add egg yolks and vanilla and beat until combined.
4. Dump the flour into the butter mix and mix until thoroughly combined.
5. Using a tablespoon size or a cookie scoop, scoop dough onto baking sheet. Using a teaspoon or thumb, make an indent into the cookie.
6. Scoop jam inside.
|I made some heart shaped ones too!|
7. Bake at 375 deg oven for 10-12 min, or until the cookie edges are light golden.
Recipe inspired by love & olive oil.