I have got quite a few cheers and inquiries on the spaghetti squash ‘pasta’ I made last week!!! Roasted spaghetti squash is a great substitute for carby pasta and to get your daily veggie intake. One squash is about 4 servings, which is quite a lot for about $2.29! You can also throw it into chicken soup if you would like! It really is versatile and so good – get them while they are in season!!!
1 spaghetti squash (I buy mine at Trader Joe’s for $2.29!)
1/2 pound ground turkey
2 cups pasta sauce
2 cups kale
1. Cut the ends of the spaghetti squash. Cut the middle. De-seed.
2. Rub some olive oil on the squash.
3. Put the squash face down on a baking sheet. Bake at 400 deg for 30 min. (It is done when the skin turns a little brown!!!) If you undercook it, the ‘spaghetti’ will be crunchy…
|This is when it’s flipped over and done!|
4. Using a fork, rake the spaghetti off the squash.
|About 4 servings|
|Brown skin on the bottom!|
5. In the toaster oven or oven, toss some kale with some olive oil. Bake at 400 deg for 10 min.
6. In a pan, cook the turkey in some olive oil. Pour pasta sauce and cook until thoroughly heated.
|I used this one from Trader Joe’s! Very garlicky!|
7. Put some sauce onto some squash. Then put some mozzarella cheese on top. Broil for about 10 min, or until cheese is brown and bubbly. Top with crispy kale and serve!
|Before going into oven.|
|After going into oven.|